Wasatch Fencing Safety Policies
COVID-19 Protection Policies during “Yellow/Orange” status in Utah
- All people will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility. People with a temperature above 99- degrees will not be permitted to stay.
- All people must use the hand-sanitizer stations upon entering and exiting the facility.
- All people must wear cloth masks at all times while in the facility.
- Fencers must take their personal equipment home with them after each practice. No equipment may be stored in lockers until the state status is “green.”
- Club equipment used by fencers must be put in the “Sanitation Bin” after each practice.
- All fencers, staff, and guests must follow the social distancing prescribed by the coaches at each practice.
- Any person who is diagnosed with COVID-19 and has been in our facility must inform Ron Hendricks within 4-hours by texting 801-540-8682 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
General Safety Policies
- Never point a weapon at anyone, unless they have, at minimum, a mask on and are prepared to participate in a drill or lesson.
- Never bout unless each participant is wearing a mask, glove, jacket, half jacket, chest protector and long pants.
- Fencer will always follow the instructions of the coach.
Safe Sport Safety Policies
- There must be 2 adults in our facility at all times. We ask that parents/guardians always check to make sure there are 2 adults before leaving a minor child.
- Report any bulling, hazing, sexual harassment or abuse issues or any other inappropriate activities.
- All reports of child abuse will be reported to authorities under guidance of Utah laws.
- Coaches/volunteers may never give rides to fencers under the age of 18.
- Coaches/volunteers may never meet with any fencer in a private location or behind closed doors.
- All coaches/volunteers have a current background check via United States Fencing and hold current certification
from the U.S. Center for SafeSport.